Café now open!

Home Forums Student Café Café now open!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Akwugo Emejulu Akwugo Emejulu 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Duncan MacInnes
    Duncan MacInnes
    Keymaster

Only three commented, but I feel it’s socially just to meet the needs of significant minorities! This will be unmoderated for now.

NICOLE WEST-HAYLES
    NICOLE WEST-HAYLES
    Participant

What is being served? In Jamaica it is raining now and we have the best coffee and cocoa.

SAMANTHA WOOD
    SAMANTHA WOOD
    Participant

Hi everyone. Big welcome to Daniel and Ruth!

To get this party started anyone want to tell me what they’re listening to right now? I’m in a bit of a funk (challenging work week) and looking for some ‘new to me’ music so doesn’t need to be current. Would be interested to hear what lifts your spirits, allows you to study etc.

Saw Selma last night so need to find the soundtrack right away. So good!

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Sam

AZIMAHANA
    Participant

Hey Samantha,
    I used to listen to Magic Malik Mezzadri, the Orchestra album, coming back from school and work in the pouring rain. Always did the trick!

Akwugo Emejulu
    Akwugo Emejulu
    Participant

Just downloaded Bjork’s album, Vulnicura. Highly recommended but certainly won’t be to everyone’s taste! It’s not uplifting as it’s a break up album but it’s excellent.

When I’m doing academic writing I listen to a lot of contemporary classical music. You might like Utaki and Philip Glass’ Aguas de Amazonia.

To fight the blues, you can’t do better than get grooving to Missy Elliot!

Duncan MacInnes
    Duncan MacInnes
    Keymaster

SAMANTHA WOOD
    SAMANTHA WOOD
    Participant

Ok, wow. I’m feeling the party!

Azimahana: I want to hug you right now. I’ve never heard of Magic Malik and I LOVE!

Akwugo: Same page…I can’t write with vocals in the background, Missy is always on standby and have not checked out Bjork’s new album yet but I shall!

Duncan: So good — reminds me a little of the folk music that comes out of Eastern Canada 🙂

I’m in love with Kaki King if you want some mellow instrumentals (hope that link worked)

Thanks and take care!

Sam

Akwugo Emejulu
    Akwugo Emejulu
    Participant

On another note entirely, I would like to announce that Taye Diggs is now following the programme on Twitter. (I know his account is a bot–don’t burst my bubble.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0sTnzr7a7E

That is all.

AZIMAHANA
    Participant

Wow Taye Diggs, go Dr. A!
    Glad you approve, Samantha 🙂 My favourite album is 69 96. The first song just makes everything great again, and then it keeps going…

SAMANTHA WOOD
    SAMANTHA WOOD
    Participant

Ha! That’s great 🙂 Exciting times

HANNAH
    Participant

Coffee and cocoa sounds good to me, especially in these cold February days (Scotland)!
    Recently some friends who like to make music informally have started to record albums and put them online, inspiring while I study! Here are a couple of them:
    http://joecnathan.bandcamp.com/
    http://sheydapeyman.com/

Akwugo Emejulu
    Akwugo Emejulu
    Participant

Folks! I’m listening to Thundercat’s Apocalypse at the moment. Amazing stuff. If you like that, check out his producer, Flying Lotus. Start with his album Los Angeles. If you want more, move to 1983. Man, I love this afrofuturism trend in R&B and hip hop.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.