This issue probably needs clarification and an apology from me. People are still finding that others on the course network are commenting on their blog when these commentators haven’t been specifically added as users. This is because the default configuration of your settings is ‘open’ to others on the course network, and I didn’t make that sufficiently clear. So to tighten that up, you have to:
- Go to Dashboard/Settings/Reading
- Tick the box opposite “Visible only to registered users of this site”
- Go to Dashboard/Settings/Discussion
- Tick the box opposite “Users must be registered and logged in to comment “
This should give you full control over who can view and comment on your blog 🙂
- to add users from the course network go to Dashboard/AMU/Add from network. Be careful not to give everyone Admin permissions!
I should add that Akwugo and Callum are ‘Super-users’ now so they will view and comment on your posts.